What is ItemsAPI?
ItemsAPI - auto-generated search API created in Node.js and Elasticsearch.
Why it was created ?
It was created because Elasticsearch was too complex.
The goal was to:
- simplify the query system
- make schema reindexing easier
- make auto-generating backend by JSON data
- make auto-generating filters and sortings by JSON collection
- creating lists and catalogs (restaurants, movies, gyms, doctors, places)
- jobs search
- prototyping booking systems
- prototyping marketplaces
- prototyping classifieds
- full text searching
- aggregations / faceted search
- similar items (collaborative filtering algorithm)
- seo optimized - generating nice urls for fields (permalinks)
- geo sorting
- auto generating API based on your data
- Elasticsearch (database for searching)
- Express.js (Node.js framework for creating API)
- MongoDB (optional - for storing collections. Collections can be also stored in the file system)
- Redis (optional - for storing permalinks)
You might think that there is lot of dependencies but in times of dockerization and cloud computing (docker, heroku) it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
Was this page helpful ?